Anyone reading the praises and paeans for Obama’s cabinet selections might have noticed that it has veered into credentialism. When the praise is for where someone went to school, as opposed to what they’ve done, you are in trouble.
So, let’s take a look at which of the Bush cabinet officials have Ivy League degrees.
- Elaine Chao – Harvard (MBA)
- Samuel Bodman III – Cornell
- Donald Rumsfeld – Princeton
- Alberto Gonzales – Harvard (law)
- Michael Chertoff – Harvard
- Henry Paulson – Dartmouth and Harvard (MBA)
- George Bush – Yale and Harvard (MBA)
Doesn’t seem to have worked out so well, has it?