As is traditional we put aside our usual bickering, pissing and moaning for national holidays. As my comrades are being lazy of late, I’m going to post my list and people should add comments or just edit.
Mildly Piqued Academician is thankful for a lot of things this year. Aside from the usual stuff:
- That his brother fully recovered from what was supposed to be major but routine surgery but which turned into life-threatening internal bleeding…
- That he’s got a stable job in a decidedly unstable time, with very good colleagues and students…
- That his retired parents pulled their money out of the stock market six months ago…
- That certain important deadlines were—finally—set… and met. 🙂
The Angry Immigrant is thankful…
- for safe travel across country to visit family back in the old country.
- for fun visiting little nephew #1 and little nephew #2
- for fun building breakfast and lunch meals for the homeless for today. All those years of making sandwiches for school lunch came in very handy.
- that my latest project appears finished, so I can spend evenings at home instead of at the movie studio.
The Angry Midwesterner is thankful…
- That he is spending the holiday in the Midwest.
- For loving family, all across the country.
- Open roads lined with farms, and a sky free of pollution.
- Good friends, good fellowship and good food.
The Angry Political Optimist is thankful…
- That the election is over and that the cumulative exhaustion is finally wearing off
- That, in spite of Libor peaking on November 17th, the day his ARM reset, his interest rate went down
- That the silver lining of the economic meltdown is that people are taking the time to reassess their goals and turning away from rampant consumerism
- That the price of oil is less than $50/barrel and gasoline is $1.56 a gallon; and that Chavez, the Saudis, and Medvedev/Putin are scrambling so hard to right their respective boats that they aren’t causing trouble
- That all those people who were wishing secretly and not so secretly for the United States to crash and burn, have decided that “eh, maybe not” such a good idea